Friday, December 16, 2011

Snowflakes Are Angel Kisses for Just Magnolia and hAnglar & stAnglar Challenge



Hello Everyone!! I hope you all have finished your holiday shopping!! I still have to get a couple of stocking stuffer for my hubby and my dog, Woody and I will be all done!!  I mailed out all the packages for family and friends on Tuesday along with the Christmas Cards!!
 A lady in line at the post office asked me if I felt like Santa. I laughed and asked her why.
She said it was because I was mailing out so many packages.  I wish I had Santa's Elves to help me with all the things I need to do before Christmas!! LOL!!


Today at Just Magnolia and hAnglar & stAnglar Challenge Blog, we are being hosted by the
talented Sara. For this Challenge, which will run for two weeks because of the holiday season, the theme is White Plus One Other Color. I hope that you will come and join us!! Your entry will give you an opportunity to be the lucky winner of a wonderful prize from  Dies To Die For or Letraset.





For My Card, I used Blue with White Glitter Dot DP from Me & My Big Ideas and White Glitter Paper from JoAnns.  Since I don't have any of the larger dies, I used Easy Scalloped Frames Template from Hot Off the Press to make the shape of  the card.  I trimmed the points down to be even with the scallops. I used the Martha Stewart Scallop Snowflake Border Punch to make the border.  Before I glued it down along the fold, I added blue sparkle ribbon from my stash. The center shapes were made using the Nested Shapes Template from Hot Off the Press. I used Martha Stewart Scallop Snowflake Deep Edge Punch to make the large center snowflake. I placed a smaller snowflake on top of it, which I cut with a Cuttlebug Snowflake Die. A clear iridescent fingernail charm was placed in the center. I also added the iridescent fingernail charms to the centers of the snowflakes on the border. Halo Tilda from Magnolia-licious was stamped on Cryogen White Card Stock and colored with Copic Markers, Prismacolor Pencils, and Gamsol. Hero Arts Ultra Fine Prisma Glitter was added to her wings, halo and star wand. The saying was computer generated.





For the matching ornament, I used 3-D Ornaments Template from Hot Off The Press.    
I added a snowflake from Michaels.   Mini Halo Tilda was added to the center.


Thank you so much for stopping by to visit, especially during this busy time of the year!!      
I hope that you will let me know what you think of my card and ornament.  I always love reading the comments that you leave me.  They are all very much appreciated!!
Have a wonderful weekend!! 

21 comments:

Ellen said...

It's a lovely card! I don't have any X-mas stress (yet), because we don't celabrate it with presents, so it's not too busy here. Just the shopping for food :)

groetjes, Ellen

yvon said...

Hi Suzan, i just love the shape of your card and love the blue's. It's gorgeous and so is the ornament.
Hugs, Yvon

Sandy said...

Your work is gorgeous - Merry Christmas - I just became a follower!
sandy

Sandy said...

Oh the joke is on me - not only was I a follower, I subscribe to your blog as well! Oh it is heck getting old!!!!!!!!
Once again Joyeux Noel

Jacque said...

Oh my goodness!!! How darling is this sweet set!!! I love that shade of blue and you have showcased both the regiular and MINI so beautifully with all of the glittery sparkle! The shaped card is so lovely and that ornament is PRICELESS!!!! Your coloring is exceptional as always!! Magnificent job, Sweetie!! Big hugs..Jacque

Patti Jo said...

Adorable Suzan!!! Sweet ornament and pretty shaped card with all the blues and white! Great job!!!

Unknown said...

Wow gorgeous card!!!!! love the design!!!!! The ornament is so so adorable!!!! I love them!!!!! Fabulous projects!!!!

Helen said...

Wow, what a great card and your ornament is just gorgeous. I so love these home made creations for x-mas. In case you find some elves, please send some over. I am counting the hours and looking at my to-do list and afraid that I will run out of time again; still need to send out the x-mas cards (help.....). Hugs

Anonymous said...

These are delightful! I love the little ornament, great idea
Hugs Julie P

Pam said...

Lovely card and super cute ornament!
Hugs...Pam:)

Danielle Champagne said...

So lovely Suzan, I have a coup de coeur for the cute ornament! Your card is delightful, I love this shade of pastel blue, and suits Halo tilda so well. Adorable shape card. Hugs.

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Marvelous job,lovely all the bleu colors,bye Mascha

cathylynn said...

Suzan your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the blue and your colored Tildas fabulously.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Cami said...

Oh Suzan I just love this card and ornament set! The lovely, soft shades of blue is truly a pretty color for winter. Your shaped card is beautiful as well as that intricate looking ornament. Again, done to perfection.
Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Suzan, Such a pretty set! I love shaped cards and this one is exceptional. You have chosen such a pretty blue and show cased with the crispness of white it is a dazzling.
love, Diana

Jean said...

Suzan, this is so gorgeous, a beautiful set and I adore the color blue.. this would make a sweet gift or darling ornament... Love the Tilda's you used..
Hugs, Jean

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the cute combo of this project and the lovely blue scheme you pick for this set of Tilda :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Elle said...

Your card is beautiful and I LOVE the ornament!

Anonymous said...

Oh sooooo cute Suzan! These two are just adorable, love the blue and white combo. It has winter all over it.

Laurie

JustaFewDesigns said...

hi Susan...my goodness what a beautiful card!!! I love it! I would love to join the challenge but would you believe I don't own any Magnolia stamps or images! i know right? lol I hope you and your family share a very Merry Christmas!!!
Your friend
Elsa
xoxox

Regina said...

Susan!!! I came to your blogin order to thank you for such lovely comment on my card, and ... I´m so happy to find your blog.
You´re such an inspiration!! Love all your work!! I need to return soon to check them slowly!!!
Have a marvellous weekend!!!
Hugs